Godwin Emefiele, the Central Bank of Nigeria’s suspended governor, has been taken into custody by the DSS.
A list of the DSS accusations leveled at Emefiele as of February 2023.
1. Using monies from his unsuccessful presidential campaign last year and funds taken from government coffers, he funded unidentified gunmen, ESN, and IPOB.
2. The Anchor Borrowers Scheme and NISRAL, Nigeria’s social investment programs, were poorly managed.
3. Economic crimes that compromise national security
Fourth, Money Laundering
5. Unhealthy behaviors using proxies
Roundtripping, no. 6
7. Giving oneself and others financial benefits
8. National Security Threat
9. Fraudulent scheme to siphon funds from the government
10. Supporting terrorism