Breast cancer is a serious health concern that affects millions of people worldwide. Early detection is key to successful treatment, and being aware of the signs and symptoms is crucial. In this blog post, we’ll delve into the common signs and symptoms of breast cancer, helping you stay informed and proactive about your breast health.
Signs and Symptoms of Breast Cancer
1. Breast Lump or Thickening: The most common symptom is the presence of a painless lump or thickening in the breast or underarm area.
2. Changes in Breast Shape or Size: Any unexplained changes in the size or shape of the breast should be taken seriously.
3. Skin Changes: Look for skin dimpling, puckering, or redness, which can be signs of underlying issues.
4. Nipple Changes: If the nipple turns inward (inversion) or begins to discharge without any apparent cause, consult a healthcare professional.
5. Pain or Tenderness: While pain is not always a sign of breast cancer, it can be in some cases. Any persistent breast pain should be evaluated.
6. Unexplained Swelling: Swelling in all or part of the breast, even without a noticeable lump, is a cause for concern.
7. Skin Texture Changes: The breast skin might take on a texture similar to an orange peel, known as peau d’orange.
8. Breast Rash: A persistent, unexplained rash on or around the nipple or breast is another potential sign.
9. Enlarged Lymph Nodes: Swelling of lymph nodes under the arm or around the collarbone can be related to breast cancer.