Kogi State, Nigeria – September 25, 2023: Admiral Usman Jibrin, the Accord Party’s candidate for the upcoming governorship election in Kogi State scheduled for November 11th, has announced a groundbreaking promise to provide free primary to secondary education for all children in the state as soon as he assumes office.
In a passionate speech delivered at a campaign rally in Lokoja, Admiral Jibrin outlined his vision for the future of education in Kogi State, emphasizing the critical role education plays in the development of individuals and the progress of a society.
“Education is the cornerstone of a thriving society,” Admiral Jibrin stated. “It is the key to unlocking the limitless potential of our children and building a brighter future for Kogi State. As your governor, my administration will prioritize education by making it accessible to every child in the state, regardless of their socio-economic background.”
The Accord Party’s gubernatorial candidate unveiled a comprehensive plan aimed at transforming the education sector in Kogi State:
1. Free Primary to Secondary Education: Admiral Jibrin committed to abolishing tuition fees and ensuring that all children in Kogi State receive a quality education from primary to secondary level without any financial burden on their parents or guardians.
2. Improving Infrastructure: He pledged to invest in upgrading and constructing modern, well-equipped schools across the state to provide a conducive learning environment for students and teachers.
3. Teacher Training and Welfare: Admiral Jibrin recognized the importance of well-trained and motivated teachers, vowing to invest in continuous training programs for educators and improve their working conditions.
4. Access to Quality Learning Materials: He promised to ensure that textbooks, instructional materials, and technology are readily available in schools to enhance the learning experience.
5. Scholarship Programs: The governorship candidate announced plans to establish scholarship programs to support talented students in pursuing higher education and vocational training.
6. Community Involvement: Admiral Jibrin emphasized the need for community involvement in the education system, promising to encourage parent-teacher associations and engage local communities in decision-making processes.
7. Monitoring and Evaluation: He committed to implementing rigorous monitoring and evaluation systems to assess the effectiveness of education policies and ensure accountability in the education sector.
Admiral Usman Jibrin’s ambitious education plan has garnered significant support from educators, parents, and community leaders across Kogi State. Many view his commitment to providing free primary to secondary education as a potential game-changer that could elevate the state’s educational standards and empower its youth.
As the November 11th governorship election draws nearer, Admiral Jibrin’s promise to make education accessible to all has ignited hope among the people of Kogi State, who are eager to see positive changes in the education sector. If elected, he is poised to lead the state toward a brighter and more prosperous future through the transformation of its education system.